[Tfug] BYOB [Bring Your Own Box] Event

erich erich1 at copper.net
Wed Jun 20 13:03:39 MST 2007

It's "BYOB",
       And therein lies the key. Bring Your Own "Box" often means a
laptop or notebook
because that 's what most people were bringing to meetings like this
when once we had them.

       I like to tinker with computers, boxes that is, only because they
are tinkerable: you
can mix & match memory chips, disk drives, motherboards, video cards
etc. You cannot
do many of these things at all with a laptop/notebook/PDA.

       Your talking to a guy that used to fix ailing components in TV
sets. These skills are
a dying art, like piano tuning.

                                                                    Erich