[Tfug] Machine Rehabilitation

rlumpy at comcast.net rlumpy at comcast.net
Mon Jun 11 16:33:04 MST 2007

Henry,

There is a new Mepis spin-off, Antix, put together by Mepis-Lovers moderator anticapitalista:

http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php/AntiX

that is currently at rc5. It uses Ice, Fluxbox, or ROX, includes Firefox and uses Synaptic to access the Ubuntu Etch repositories, so you can add in OpenOffice and Kaffeine. It will boot and Requirements are

    * 2.0GB free space on the hard disk
    * 96MB RAM, will work with 64MB plus swap
    * Pentium II/AMD CPU

There is a long thread about it at
http://mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=6056528d24294b2e331992a8f38c8ed9&t=5444

Rich Lamoreaux