[Tfug] Indian restaurant

Ranjan Grover ranjan.grover at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:05:58 MST 2007

> Thanks for your comments.  My partner, Jessica, and I are moving from
> Toronto to Tucson in July.  She is visiting Tucson this week.  She ate
> at Ghandi last evening and was dissatisfied.  We have enjoyed the
> different ethnic neighborhoods in Toronto of which India Bazaar is our
> favorite.  Our favorite restaurant is Udupi Palace.
> http://www.udupipalace.ca/
>
> It's a little disappointing to read that we'll have to drive to
> Phoenix for good Indian food, but your advice is appreciated
> nonetheless.  What about Asian markets in Tucson?  Are there any that
> have the ingredients you need for cooking with a blindfold?  |-)

Hi Ryan. I moved out of Tucson a few months ago, and I miss the good
Mexican food it has to offer. I would recommend the Little Poca Cosa
on Stone and Alameda but be warned that it is open only for breakfast
and lunch on weekdays. Its a great little hole in the wall restaurant,
and it comes with my highest recommendations. There's also the Cafe
Poca Cosa which is open for dinner, is fancier, more expensive, and
has excellent food.

I'm Indian and wouldn't recommend any of the Indian restaurants in
Tucson. However, India Dukan on Campbell and just south of Glenn is a
great place to buy most Indian groceries. Another good place to buy
groceries is  Sunflower Market and they carry a decent selection of
ethnic foods.. They have a couple of locations around town that you
can find usng Google maps and IMO, the best beer selection of any
grocerty store I went to in Tucson. And if you're into good beer...
Plaza liquors on Campbell is recommended. So basically, the Indian
food scene sux... but there's other options to make up for it :) Good
luck and enjoy Tucson... its hard not to.

Ranjan