[Tfug] virtual terminal screen fonts??

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 7 01:37:18 MST 2007

Quoting Earl <earljviolet at juno.com>:
> I've checked google, apropos, "Running Linux" and several sources and
> can't find how to change the size of my virtual terminal fonts.  Does
> someone have suggestions where to look (not where to go) for
> information?  A man page or a config file would be great.

Boot with the vga= kernel option.  Values are documented in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt.  You'll have to convert the
hex to decimal when passing to vga=. (it is explained in vesafb.txt)

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.