[Tfug] Looking at Muni Wi-Fi in Tucson, AZ

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Jun 4 07:59:44 MST 2007

Sounds interesting, but I hear rumors that the project's working name is
Wi-Fi Nuevo - soon to be rebranded Wi-Fi Revitilization.  John Kromko
should be lashing out at it any day now.

Jim

At 07:37 AM 6/4/2007 -0700, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:
>This might be of interest:
>
>------- Included Stuff Follows -------
>broadband help » News
>    Looking at Muni Wi-Fi in Tucson, AZ [1]
>    Citywide network would be just the beginning
>    Posted on 2007-06-01 13:06:22 by KathrynV · tags: wireless municipal
>
>    MuniWireless reports [2] today on a feasibility study completed by
>    Columbia Telecommunications Corporation (CTC) which recommends that
>    the city of Tucson put out an RFP for citywide Wi-Fi that balances
>    the risks and rewards offered to the winning bidder. The
>    recommendation is that the municipal system should only start with
>    citywide Wi-Fi but should also include "wireless, fiber, and other
>    connectivity technologies" in order to "meet the entire breadth of
>    private and public connectivity needs." See the entire study here
>    [3].
>
>--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------
>
>[1] http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/84378
>[2] http://www.muniwireless.com/article/articleview/6074/1/23
>[3] http://www.tucsonaz.gov/it/docs/CMS1_028045.pdf

| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |