[Tfug] FW: You've got to watch this video

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri Jun 1 11:18:11 MST 2007

Robert Hunter wrote:

> This would probably be a great platform for board games.  Otherwise, the
> video impressed me as rather gimmicky.  How many times can you watch
> someone demo the moving, spinning, shrinking, and zooming of pictures
> before you feel the urge to add your semi-digested lunch to the collage?
>
> PS. If someone finds a picture of one of these things BSOD'd, please post
> it!

This gadget is the kind of thing sci-fi writers have been writing about
for years.

Imagine being in a mall and seeing this thing used as a sign/advertising
mural/POS terminal?  Especially once we all get tagged with RFID devices
and it greets you by name as you walk by, "Psst, George, want to see the
latest computer from DellIBMMicrosoftTacoBell?"

Scary!

At times I just want to step back and ask, do we really need all of this
junk?  ;-)

I'm not a Luddite by any means.  It's just that I can remember before we
had a big B&W Sears TV in our living room that got 3 channels.

Technology has certainly accelerated since the late 60's when I started
playing with electronics and computers.

These are truly amazing times that we live in.

George Cohn