[Tfug] My experience "recovering" Windows compared to installing Debian

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat Jul 28 17:28:45 MST 2007

Robert Hunter wrote:

> windows "recovery" recipe:
>
> Leave a small partition on the drive, big enough to hold a "ghost" image.
> After you finish installing/updating/customizing, create your image.
> Next time you need to "recover" windows, and you will, it will take a
> fraction of the time.

Or since hard drives are relatively cheap, just buy a spare drive and
use something like Symatech Ghost to ghost the final setup to the spare.

Symatech Ghost also allows you to make image DVD's if you don't like the
spare drive idea.

I recently did this with the 30 gig hard drive in my laptop onto a 60
gig drive just so I could repartition it and install Ubuntu on the other
partition.

George Cohn