[Tfug] "Linux is a forking mess."

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Jul 19 12:15:38 MST 2007

> One of the points in the above essay is that the major BSD distros
> continue to persist because there are compelling reasons for the
> differentiation (i.e., stability vs portability vs security).

Ouch. That implies that some don't consider stability, or portability, or
security as important. That is not true. (I am a NetBSD and DragonFly
committer and a member of the official FreeBSD marketing team and on the
BSD Certification Group board.) None of them would make security or
stability a non priority. And all work at portability too (but DragonFly
at this time doesn't have the resources to work on hardware porting as
much as the others).

  Jeremy C. Reed