[Tfug] incorrect super block

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:06:47 MST 2007

> > Ok, a lot of questions here. Really, I just want to get my
> > 177 gB of ad0s2 back
>
> This clarifies things... it has mounted before. Could you post the
> current disklabel and MBR partition list?

here's the story. I partitioned it when I did the install. I never mounted
it, and simply forgot I had it b/c my other disks still had space. There's
nothing on it to lose.

here's disklabel

# /dev/ad0s2:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 362570985        0    unused        0     0         # "raw" part,
don't edit

here's the bios partition info. I assume it's done with fdisk -s ad0

# fdisk -s ad0
/dev/ad0: 484521 cyl 16 hd 63 sec
Part        Start        Size Type Flags
   1:          63   125821017 0xa5 0x80
   2:   125821080   362570985 0xa5 0x00

I'll try fsck when I get home. I'm at work right now.

~ Chris

--
Q: What did the zen buddhist say to the hotdog vendor?

A: Make me one with everything ~ Dr. Jonathan Katz