[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Quag7 coldfront at frostwarning.com
Tue Jul 10 13:45:55 MST 2007

I've used godaddy for years; I hadn't heard about the spammer thing until this
discussion, but okay.  Mostly I remember their super bowl ads which were
silly, and which some people pretended to be offended by.

From the viewpoint of the user experience, they've been great - their
interface is fully-featured, they do a fine job alerting me of when domain
renewal time is coming up about 45 days in advance, and several times until I
actually go in and renew.  They have the anonymity service you can add on,
and some pretty good sales on all of the ghetto domains (.info, .biz, .name).

No doubt some people will be unhappy with any company of that size, but so far
I've not had any complaints as a customer.  I have, I think, 7 domains
registered with them at present.  I don't have any horror stories to tell
about other registrars - the one I used before godaddy.com was a small
Rochester business and they did an alright job too.

I haven't looked closely at Godaddy's ethics but they've never screwed me.
Several of my friends use them and all seem to like them as well.

 -Quag7