[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?t

Felix Tilley fetilley at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 9 19:38:10 MST 2007

sage: 9
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:18:56 -0700
From: Jon <bigj at flatwan.net>
Subject: Re: [Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?
To: Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Chris Niswander wrote:

> > I figure many people here have experience with various
> > domain name registrars.  So, which seem good or not so good?
> >
> > For the last few years I've been using directNIC (e.g. directnic.net)
> > for $15/year per domain.
> > No problems; they even recover last passwords.  :-)
> > But $15/year is probably a bit much if you have a lot of domains.
> >
> > I do know that Network Solutions is hated by millions and
> > GoDaddy is, um, *controversial*. :-S.  I'm not planning to use either,
> > so let's mostly ignore them and save a lot of flame juice.  :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

I'm thirsty for some juice sooooo...What's so controversial about
GoDaddy? Is this a story of a company growing too big for the other
registrars and a campaign of hate ensuing? Business is "business" after all.

--
Jon

I registered spewspew.net with Godaddy.  This was to piss off UUnet.  It was never an active domain.  The registration has expired.

They spam their customers with 5 or 6 emails per week.  Their founder (can't remember his name) is a head case who runs a weekly internet broadcast.  They spam you for that too.  I am still getting their spams, even though I am no longer a customer.

They are located on Hayden Road in Scottsdale.

Felix