[Tfug] Xsupplicant woes -- setup misery (now wpa_supplicant woes)

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 9 16:28:06 MST 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 05:25:00PM -0500, Wafa Hakim Orman wrote:

> Also, below is the relevant section of my wpa_supplicant.conf file:
>

> network={
>         ssid="AIRBEAR"
>         scan_ssid=0
>         mode=0
>         key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
>         auth_alg=OPEN
>         eapol_flags=3
>         #wep_key0=F53DB57797912DDC52A21A5592
>         #wep_tx_keyidx=0
>         #eap=MSCHAPV2
>         identity="me at baylor.edu"
>         password="mybaylorpassword"
>         priority=5
>         ca_cert="/etc/ssl/certs/airbearcert.pem"
>         ca_path="/etc/ssl/certs"
>         client_cert="/home/wafa/airbearcert.pem"
>         private_key="/home/wafa/airbearcert.pem"
>         auth_alg=SHARED
> }
>

> What am I doing wrong this time? I'm starting to feel a little stupid.

Don't feel stupid.  I'm beginning to think that WPA--and, in
particular, the associated "documentation" (if you want to call it
that)--was all designed as a huge April Fools joke.  It's awful.

These types of networking issues are incredibly site-specific, so I
did a quick Google search for "baylor wpa_supplicant" and got a single
possibly useful hit at
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+question/6021.

I notice that the included wpa_supplicant.conf differs from yours a
bit.  Any help?

Claude