[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Mon Jul 9 10:25:17 MST 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 9:18 pm, Jon wrote:

> I'm thirsty for some juice sooooo...What's so controversial about
> GoDaddy? Is this a story of a company growing too big for the other
> registrars and a campaign of hate ensuing? Business is "business"
> after all.

So, by that yardstick, "business" is doing what the hell you like!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Daddy#Controversies

I've also seen evidence that Godaddy hosts spammers, and further
evidence that they will not respond to requests to shut them down.

I guess they've been taking classes in Good Business Practices
recently, because they're desperately trying to improve their image.
Idiots.

Haven't had a problem with Network Solutions. I also use registration
services through 1and1 (but if you ever want to leave 1and1, you have
to cancel your credit card), and Dreamhost (no problems at all).

R.