[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Chris Niswander cn.tfug.account at bitboost.com
Sun Jul 8 20:09:56 MST 2007

I figure many people here have experience with various
domain name registrars.  So, which seem good or not so good?

For the last few years I've been using directNIC (e.g. directnic.net)
for $15/year per domain.
No problems; they even recover last passwords. :-)
But $15/year is probably a bit much if you have a lot of domains.

I do know that Network Solutions is hated by millions and
GoDaddy is, um, *controversial*. :-S.  I'm not planning to use either,
so let's mostly ignore them and save a lot of flame juice. :-)

Thanks,

Chris