[Tfug] Lies, damned lies, and swap space

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Fri Jul 6 20:21:04 MST 2007

On 7/7/07, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:
> Do you intend to use "hibernate"?  I seem to remember that the image
> needed to be written to a swap partition, but you might want to verify
> that.

No, not at all. I'm not a fan of hibernation, since it never seems to
work properly (I'm talking about Windows *and* Linux here). Things
always get messed up when I come back from hibernating.

I've always heard that swap should be "double the RAM", but that would
be 4G for me, and I just can't give up that much space on a laptop.

Matt