[Tfug] Lies, damned lies, and swap space

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 20:12:33 MST 2007

I've always read that you should allocate as much or more swap than RAM.

I have a Dell running Fedora Core 5 with 1.256 Gigs of RAM and it only uses 400Mb of RAM.  I still put a lot of Swap just in case.

Matt Jacob <matt at mattjacob.com> wrote: It's time for my laptop to have a clean slate, so I'm wiping the disk
and reinstalling everything from scratch. My question is this: How
much space (if any) should I allocate to swap?

I've got 2 gigs of RAM in this thing, so I don't anticipate I'll be
swapping very frequently. On the other hand, could it possibly hurt to
allocate at least 1G to swap?

Matt

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: