[Tfug] Apache server help

William Stott WStott at ventanamed.com
Mon Jul 2 15:43:14 MST 2007

Some extras to try...

Ping localhost (does it come back to 127.0.0.1?) - if not, check your /etc/hosts file

Netstat -an | grep LISTEN | grep -v grep   (look for port 80 -=FOR *:80=-, make sure it is listening) - if not, your service isn’t running...

Nslookup or dig for localhost... 127.0.0.1? - if not, check your /etc/hosts file again!

telnet localhost 80
> GET HTTP/1.0 (do you get html back?) - if not, check that the service is actually running and that your didn’t lock it down somehow

If not of these work...clear all of your cached data for firefox, close it out completely, and try again...

Try these for troubleshooting. Hope they help!

Thanks,

William E. Stott, III ]-[ Staff Information System Engineer