[Tfug] cvsup help

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 06:18:46 MST 2007

> >check the following message and see if it helps:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2005-March/021423.html

It worked. I'm looking at the files side by side, and I can't tell
the difference, but it worked. I even changed the cvsup
ftp site to the one  I was using in my file. hmm???

> On 6/30/07, Neil Short <neshort at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> --- christopher floess <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone here familiar with cvsup on FreeBSD. I
> > CVSup'd my ports
> > tree only to find out that everything now depends on
> > xorg 7.2. I'm
> > not really ready to deal with the upgrade yet, so I
> > thought I'd
> > CVSup to something just before it was merged with
> > the ports tree.
> >
> > The way I have my supfile is:
> >
> > *default host=cvsup1.FreeBSD.org
> > *default base=/var/db
> > *default prefix=/usr
> > *default release=cvs
> > #tag=.
> > *default delete use-rel-suffix
> >
> > *default compress
> >
> > ports-all
> > date=2007.05.16.01.00.00
> >

> > I've tried using this supfile w/o the 'tag=."
> > commented out
> > and it still didn't make a difference. I also tried
> > putting the
> > line 'date=2007.05.16.01.00.00' as
> > *default date=2007.05.16.01.00.00
> > so now I'm out of clues. Any ideas?
> >
> > -- ....
>
> I'm surprised that the ports that require xorg are
> linked to 7.2.

Yeah, it's a pretty major head ache, but apparently the
head ache now is supposed to yield to the advantages of the
new modular xorg.

> I'm wondering why you are setting date to:
> 2007.05.16.01.00.00
> rather than:
> 2007.05.16.00.00.00

I wasn't sure what 2007.05.16.00.00.00 would correspond to
but 2007.05.16.01.00.00 I can understand

> If you are not familiar with portinstall, check

I'll check out portinstall after cvsup finishes. I also need to
check out portversion, which I think is part of the portupgrade
package

Either way, case closed. Thanks for your help. Thanks for the
link Neil ~ Chris
--
Q: What did the zen buddhist say to the hotdog vendor?

A: Make me one with everything ~ Dr. Jonathan Katz