[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:41:04 MST 2007

On 1/30/07, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The OpenSuse updates I found to be obtrusive.  Repositories would be
> down
> > and you'd get "update failure".  Repository support in OpenSuse I found
> > be ghastly in general.  If it wasn't for that, it'd be a "contenda" as
> > they
> > say in boxing.
>

> >> Which repositories are you using?  If you use packman or bremen or
> gdwg,
> there's usually never an issue.  I've had
> issues with the openSuSE repositories since 10.1 - they have problems left
> and right.
>
> If you'd like, I can send you a more working source list...
>
> -Chris <<
>

> If the official ones can't be trusted, that distro is out as a
> low-support-requirement candidate.
>
> Jim

Why though?  Do the updates need to be direct-from-the source?  Updates are
updates,
and the three I've listed are always up.  These three are trusted,
well-known SuSE repositories
that have been up for quite some time.

Isn't the key here reliability and uptime?

-Chris

--
Chris Robbins
Systems Programmer