[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Mon Jan 29 19:36:19 MST 2007

Christopher Robbins wrote:
> If you'd like something different, what about the older version of Ubuntu
> (Dapper Drake) - that would be my other recommendation.

Dapper Drake is the first LTS (Long Term Support) version - it's
supported for 3 years (from first release) on the desktop and 5 years
for servers.  Non-LTS versions (such as Edgy Eft, Feisty Faun, etc.) can
potentially be less stable than the LTS versions.  FWIW, Edge Eft works
fine on my laptop and desktop, but I'm not Grandma Millie :)