[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Mon Jan 29 16:36:37 MST 2007

I run it on an older (4-5 yr old toshiba) laptop 500mHz, with only 512mb of
ram, with XPpro.  Linux fedora 5 in virtualpc is dog slow on it, but XP
runs OK, don't hardly notice the difference.  The Linux seems to require
more memory than the XP, so I think it's swapping out to memory all the
time.  Fedora 1, i think ran better.  Fedora also has a larger virtual disk
file, but then I loaded development junk instead of just the office apps.
The image file was about 6gig.  An xp disk is about 4 gig - without all the
Word and office stuff.
Joe