[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Mon Jan 29 14:19:55 MST 2007

Don't shoot me --
If they are running XPPro- just download VirtualPC, free from Microsoft.
Set it up and install XP, again, into a virtual PC.  Make a backup copy of
that virtual disk.  Then make sure they run entirely out of that virtual PC.
If they get a bug, just restore the last backup --

Almost no learning curve.  If they have a winders Pro version (I don't think
xp home will run the virtual stuff, the new one anyway) they don't need
anything new except the download.

They can even learn Linux by running it in a virtual PC -- I do that here
all the time.... then if they want to ...

You could even set up the virtual PC once, and just move that image around
without having to re-install for everyone. (license -- who needs a license?)

?
Joe