[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:18:12 MST 2007

On 1/28/07, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apt does indeed rock.
>
> I think something in the Debian family tree will likely be "The Chosen One"
> distro.  Ubuntu might get their stuff together for Feisty, or Debian 4
> Stable has a chance if we can cleanly get OO2.1 onto it...

Grandma Millie is going to eventually have a heart attack because
something unexpected  always happens (e.g. barfing dire ultra-geeky
error messages for instance), and  you obviously don't care enough
about her general heart-health to keep her away from all computers
(Linux, Windows, or Mac).

I think it is a little optimistic to think that Debian, or Ubuntu will
not have those issues with usage, or updating that you seem to be
complaining about :}

Which argument in this thread made you such an optimist?