[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 15:56:39 MST 2007

Ok, I don't want to take away from the discussion too much, but is xp really
such a problem? I know it sucks (I should say, is no fun I was never that
dissatisfied with it), but really, before I stopped running it, I never had
virus probs and never had spyware/malware probs, and aside from zone alarm,
I didn't have any kind of internet security software, definitely never any
antivirus. Ok, I did get minor adware and such from time to time, but it
never invaded my system to the point where it would grind to a halt like it
does with some people. Am I really that out of touch with what most people's
computing abilities are/should be. I really don't think I was that good. Was
I just that lucky? I think if I ran into the problems that some people run
into, I would unplug my  computer all together. Any way kudos for their
persistence.

I really don't know what the best way is to solve people's puter probs. On
the one hand, I don't have the time to teach people a whole new OS,
especially considering that that usually turns into a whole seminar about
computers in general. On the other hand, I effing hate windows. Once you
taste liberation, there's no turning back I guess :)

On 1/27/07, john galt <johngalt1 at uswest.net> wrote:

> [...]

I worry about viruses like I worry about terrorists