[Tfug] OT: Cox cable

Dennis McCormick macsinitial65haus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:52:19 MST 2007

On 1/25/07, Steven Bowers <steveb7 at simplybits.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know if Cox is still offering basic cable service and if so
> how much are they raping the consumer for it monetarily these days?

Late last October I bought the "mini bundle" from Cox in Tucson. The
total price, not including taxes and fees, came to $75/month. I
provided my own cable modem. This breaks out as $20 for telephone
service (free telephone modem from Cox with its own battery backup
good for about 3 to 7 hours) and $30 for 1.5 mbps high-speed internet
service. That leaves about $25 a month for expanded basic TV service.

Last week I got a letter from Cox stating that the rates are going up,
but that mine won't. The actual monthly charge is about $87 with all
the taxes and fees included.

Dennis McCormick