[Tfug] OT: Cox cable

john galt johngalt1 at uswest.net
Fri Jan 26 16:23:26 MST 2007

From: "Steven Bowers" <steveb7 at simplybits.net>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Tfug] OT: Cox cable

>I think I may have found a better solution. My parents have satellite.
> We can order a descrambler for another room for $10/month. On arrival I
> can transport it here, attach it to a dish, aim it and have satellite
> for $10/month. The payment goes to the parents instead of the cable
> company.

Of course, if the additional satellite box is not located at your parents
address, your satellite provider's TOS prohibits using the equipment at your
place.

Dish Network has audited their customers in an effort to catch such
activity. The more recievers you have on your account, the more likely you
are to be audited.

I'm not aware of DirecT V 's auditing practices, if any.