[Tfug] OT: Cox cable

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 16:01:05 MST 2007

Isn't that illegal and comes with a nice prison term?

Since you would be gaining access w/o permission?

I always see my neighbors wifi but stay away from it for this reason.

bigj at flatwan.net wrote: >
> I wish you would stop bragging about FiOS. :-) It's not that widespread..
> http://www.dslreports.com/gmaps/fios
> ..and even the future deployment maps are somewhat limited coverage
> (i.e. nothing for Tucson planned yet).
>
> Also, I would say that Tucson was 'not so much pricey as middle'
> because cable modem access here in chicago will be more like $55-60/mo
> or just over $100/mo with basic extended cable.

As bad as this sounds it may be cheaper to invest some money for a high
gain roof mount wifi antenna and mooch off of your neighbor's open wifi.
I'm not saying I currently do that *cough* but if I were I would be saving
a little bit of cash each month *cough*.

--
Jon

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: