[Tfug] OT: Cox cable

Jeremy D Rogers jdrogers at northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 26 14:09:04 MST 2007

> Well if you're planning to get cable internet for $50/mo, basic cable
> is free with it, but you have to ask them to hook you up, otherwise
> they don't do it, the bastards.  BTW, I discovered that Tucson is
> kinda pricey as far as high speed internet is concerned. I'm paying 35
> bucks/mo in Long Island for blazingly fast Verizon FIOS. The speeds

I wish you would stop bragging about FiOS. :-) It's not that widespread..
http://www.dslreports.com/gmaps/fios
..and even the future deployment maps are somewhat limited coverage
(i.e. nothing for Tucson planned yet).

Also, I would say that Tucson was 'not so much pricey as middle'
because cable modem access here in chicago will be more like $55-60/mo
or just over $100/mo with basic extended cable.