[Tfug] Dynamic DNS and Qwest?

Joel Howard johord at gainusa.com
Tue Jan 23 14:38:22 MST 2007

Christopher Robbins wrote:
> After seeing the surge of comments about Qwest DSL and setup, I was
> wondering if anyone had tried (or is using) Dynamic DNS with their DSL.
>
> How well does it work?  Is it a pain to get running?  Any other
> thoughts/ideas/recommendations?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -Chris

I guess I'm the one who started all this the other day. Yesterday I had
it all running great -- added qwest's nameserver IPs to my resolv.conf
file, went to their gateway to configure, and even remembered to save
it. I just rebooted a few minutes ago and lost my browser and mail
connections. I can't get back to 192.168.0.1 which I had yesterday.
Lights on the DSL box are all green. I pulled the power plug and
replugged as they recommend but that didn't bring it back. I'm trying to
figure out what I did wrong in configuring right now.
JH