[Tfug] Dynamic DNS and Qwest?

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Tue Jan 23 13:17:21 MST 2007

Christopher Robbins wrote:
> After seeing the surge of comments about Qwest DSL and setup, I was
> wondering if anyone had tried (or is using) Dynamic DNS with their DSL.
>
> How well does it work?  Is it a pain to get running?  Any other
> thoughts/ideas/recommendations?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -Chris

Not sure what you mean unless you mean running a server on a dynamic IP DSL?

Yep, do it all day long.  I have a little web server for my personal web
pages and use DYNDNS as the DNS provider.  Then I have a client that
checks the IP address once a day and updates it if it changes.  It
changed maybe 3 times all of last year.

George Cohn