[Tfug] qwest high speed internet and linux

Dennis McCormick macsinitial65haus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:27:36 MST 2007

On 1/22/07, Harry McGregor <micros at osef.org> wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> The only thing I can think of is a cabling issue, can you check your
> cables, and make sure you have link lights on both sides?
>
>                                                 Harry

While I might have missed it in the earlier postings, aren't your
Qwest username and password supposed to be entered somehow into the
modem's configuration? I'm not familiar with the 2-wire models of DSL
modems, but that's what had to be done with the 701 models. Perhaps
talking to the Qwest tech support people would provide the method of
doing this.

Also most Linux distributions I've tried had to have the internet
connection manually set up as static as IPv6 was not handled well by
the modem.

Dennis McCormick