[Tfug] qwest high speed internet and linux

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Sat Jan 20 18:32:20 MST 2007

Ok, I did some more digging on the Qwest 2-Wire modem,

It should work just fine.

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/networking/homenetwork/modem.html#General

Setup instructions:
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/networking/pdf/13168_SetupConfig_DynIP_PPPoA_msl.pdf

Plug it in via Ethernet to your Linux box, set your Linux box to use
DHCP on it's NIC, and then go to http://192.168.0.1
to configure it.

                                     Harry