[Tfug] Spam from Dell

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 13:11:36 MST 2007

I was going to upgrade a dev server I have and priced out the parts on new egg.  Then a friend told me he was purchasing dell desktop computes and using them as servers in his company.

I was looking at a 2.2mhz cpu
mobo
1G RAM
No HD
I think a Case
17 inch flat monitor
CD/DVD burner
and power supply.
Total was $650

For the same amount of money I ordered a dell with a 2.8 duo processor, Gig RAM, 160G HD, 19 Inch Flat Screen, CD/DVD Burner, keyboard, and mouse.

It is a very nice machine.  I have not loaded Linux on it, but will soon.

If I had known I could get back some money by not installing Win I sure would have.  Someone on the list brought this up a few weeks ago

This is my second dell and I'm real happy I went this way instead of an upgrade.  Now I have a backup server AND I did not have to assemble anything.

Keith

erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote: In my other e-mail account, (the SPAM account)
              I got a spam from Dell computer corp. It's for their
Optiplex 740
priced at $559 (This is an AMD 64 machine). If anyone's interested, I'll
foreward
the spam. (I'm just too busy with too much other stuff to take on
configurung
an AMD 64, but it sounds interesting.)

Erich

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org