[Tfug] Trolling for Opinions (CentOS)

Jerry S. jer_57 at cox.net
Tue Jan 9 06:45:22 MST 2007

Hello Tucson,

Monday, January 8, 2007, 10:19:19 AM, you wrote:
JS> So, what opinions are there out there RE CentOS?  I think my main concern
JS> is that they might just suddenly fold their tents and steal away into the
JS> night as did Fedora Legacy.

  I have been using CentOS for a couple of years on servers mainly,
  but some desktops also.  I like it because of it's binary
  compatibility with RedHat Enterprise.  My last place of employment
  did a lot of Oracle work and we experienced zero problems running it
  on CentOS.  The other nice part is that CentOS matches RedHat's
  releases and has RHAS 2.1, RHEL 3 & 4 availible all with the latest
  updates.  As soon as RedHat releases updates, they are availible for
  CentOS.

  jer

--
USE THE BEST . . .