[Tfug] NEC Motherboard

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon Jan 8 20:00:02 MST 2007

    I have an old NEC Powermate 8100 with a Pentium II motherboard.
Today I decided
to dust it out. I do this by taking the exaust nozzle from a canister
vacuum cleaner. This
provides a hi-speed jet of air to blow out  the dust from the
power-supply/motherboard.

    Anyway I plugged it back in & fired it up, and now weird things are
happening. The
keyboard will work when it's connected to the ps2 mouse port. The mouse
doesn't
work at all. This is bad. The x-server won't come up if doesn't detect
mouse input.

    Any ideas?

Erich