[Tfug] Trolling for Opinions (CentOS)

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Jan 8 10:19:19 MST 2007

I'm about to chuck Fedora over the side and the fellow with whom I work (in
Seattle) has suggested we move to CentOS as a replacement.  I have no
experience with CentOS, nor do I know if I'll be looking to chuck it over
the side in 3-4 years.  My problem with Fedora is the rapid pace of change
and the recent disappearance of Legacy Fedora support.  I don't need to be
bleeding edge, but I do want a system that is kept current on security
issues without having to go through a complete system upgrade every year or
two, which is always painful because I act as my own unpaid (and
semi-skilled) sysadmin.

So, what opinions are there out there RE CentOS?  I think my main concern
is that they might just suddenly fold their tents and steal away into the
night as did Fedora Legacy.

TIA
Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |