[Tfug] Linux-based remote-backup solutions

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 5 11:57:58 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 09:28:48AM -0700, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:
> Happy Friday!
>
> Came across these Linux-based remote-backup solutions today, anyone know
> anything about them?
>
>     Welcome to Dirvish
>     http://www.dirvish.org/

A recent issue of Linux Journal (either current or previous issue) had
a piece on building a remote backup system.  I believe that Dirvish
may have been the software used.

> This site has an interesting page:
>     Comparisons to other backup systems
>     http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/comparison.html

See Rick Moen's Linux page for a bunch of good discussion of backup
strategies, potential pitfalls, and solutions.
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Admin

C.