[Tfug] any Linux in-dash car audio tips?

Benjamin Krein superbenk at superk.org
Thu Jan 4 11:38:48 MST 2007

I just got a Nokia 770 and installed Canola on it.  There are several
YouTube videos floating around that demonstrate how useful a 770 w/
Canola can be as dash-mount audio device.  Unfortunately the 770 is
limited to RS-MMC media (which currently maxes out at 2GB), but it has
both 802.11g & Bluetooth which means you could be creative and stuff a
small media server in the trunk and use Bluetooth/wifi to stream the
media to the 770 mounted on the dash.

The 770 runs a variation of Debian and is incredibly easy (and fun) to
hack.  It also serves most of the purposes of a PDA, but with an
incredibly beautiful screen!  Be warned, it's no speed-demon, but it
does what it's supposed to do (and as I said, is incredibly hackable).

Ben