[Tfug] TUX Magazine

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 1 20:51:57 MST 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 08:26:02PM -0700, Brad Becker wrote:
> 'I am sorry to inform our readers that Issue 20 of TUX was the last
> produced. While we have received an amazing amount of positive feedback
> about the magazine, the financial reality of the situation made it
> impossible for us to continue publishing TUX. Current revenues didn't
> cover current costs, much less allow us to expand the publication as we
> wished.'
>
> http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000254

I never found Tux magazine particularly useful but its demise is part
of the larger upheaval going on over at Linux Journal which was
purchased last month: http://www.belltownmedia.com/node?from=1

Coupled with other recent changes accompanying the appointment of
Petreley as editor, I fear that we're seeing the end of Linux Journal
as we've known and loved it.  (Personally, I find the new magazine
dimensions to be the most annoying thing--even above Petreley's
obnoxious ranting.  The damn thing no longer fits on the toilet tank!)

I've heard some good things about Linux Magazine (out of Europe; not
the U.S. one) but have never gotten my hands on a copy.

Claude