[Tfug] unreachable hosts

Nate nate at seekio.com
Thu Feb 22 12:33:54 MST 2007

Don't have a solution, but here's some more info.  phobos.apple.com
resolves to 17.250.236.65 for me as well, so there appears to be no DNS
problem there.  However, phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net does not
resolve.  edgesuite.net is an Akamai service, from what I can tell from
a dig.  So if there's a DNS issue, it's on Apple's side.

Now for the traceroutes, what you got is normal for a host that blocks
pings.  Plus you can tell from it that you got out of cox's network.  I
get very similar results on our Cox DS3, SimplyBits link, and a qwest
T1.  All end at the border1.pc2-0-bbnet2.sje.pnap.net point before going
unreachable.  And my itunes works fine.

So my guess would be that something has gone haywire with their
computer.  What it could be is beyond me... it's been a long time since
I was any good with windows =).

Nate