[Tfug] Virtualization

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Wed Feb 21 12:56:56 MST 2007

Well--
I downloaded vm server, It had a console, VixSDK, VmCOMAPI and VmPerlAPI --
all of which I installed.
The only thing I could run was the console.  It asks for a host-- so I put
in localhost, it didn't like that, so I put in the name of my pc, that
refuses the connection.

do I need to open a port or set up vnc (the console stuff looks a lot like
vnc or remote desktop)?

without a host, all the options that the help tells me to set are grayed
out.

Joe