[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:28:29 MST 2007

Tks for the suggestion.  This year I am going to get my kids' computers more
up-to-date and maybe put a server with big disks in the basement.  I figure
they'll only be gaming, so cedega it is.  They already do everything else in
Linux and are not really familiar with Windows.

Funny story: My 16-year-old years ago took a computer literacy test in
school.  They almost flunked him. They asked what programs to use for word
processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.  He wrote "open office", "open
office", and "open office".  The teacher never heard of open office, or
Linux.  John had to teach her.   Computer literacy my foot!

Anyway, if we can get some dos games, they'll be happy.  They don't have any
greater needs for windows.  I might give them Mame too, since that's more
their style in general.

Tks for the help.  Totally off topic... my kids are as far from Millie as
possible (in age and gender!).

tim