[Tfug] OSX

Chuck Boyer cboyer at dakotacom.Net
Mon Dec 31 12:40:25 MST 2007

I use iTerm for my console app. It is pretty much just like xterm. Works for
everything, you can even tip with it. zTerm is better for a serial console
though. Just remember to get a USB to serial adapter that works with OSX

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: tfug-bounces at tfug.org [mailto:tfug-bounces at tfug.org] On Behalf Of Eric
M. Gearhart
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 12:35 PM
To: Tucson Free Unix Group
Subject: Re: [Tfug] OSX

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Scott" <waterhorse at ultrasw.com>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 12:25:57 PM (GMT-0700) America/Phoenix

> What do you mean by console?

---------------------------------

I think in this sense he means Terminal.app - the "xterm for OS X" so to
speak.

I seem to remember that if you disable automatic login (or just log out I
assume... I had a G4 a whiel ago) and log in with just the username
"console" you will be dropped to Darwin and can login with your usual OS X
username. That gets you just the "console" as described .

Eric

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: