[Tfug] Cheap Memory

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 14:10:46 MST 2007

Greetings!

--- George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:

> I needed to speed up my Windoze XP box because I am
> learning Adobe Flash
> and it runs kind of slow with only 1gb.

<grin>  Doesn't *everything* run slow on Windows?  :>

> I checked around and Circuit
> City had Kingston 512 DDR PC3200 memory at $29.99.
>
> I grabbed the last one they had on the shelf at the
> Broadway store but they may have more in stock.
>
> Just passing this along if anybody needs more memory
> for an older machine.

Hmmm... I think I have several 512MB DDR sticks at
home.  How do I determine speed?  (I assume it is
marketing-hyped bogus number loosely related to
access time -- 1/rate -- and data width)

Sure would be nice if they would print these things
in plain English on the devices (or, at least with
something larger than 2 pt. type!!)

--don