[Tfug] Looking to buy a large CRT (not LCD) monitor

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 14 00:36:40 MST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 08:19:07PM -0700, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> P. S. I was always buying new stuff from Newegg and you probably saw my
> previous questions on this list as I am really hesitant
> to buy things from Geeks.

Don't worry about Geeks.com.  They're definitely on the "up-and-up."
It's just that they emphasize whitebox sales, so you can't be sure
exactly what chipset you're going to get.  If you have to absolutely
know what chipset you're buying (e.g., wireless cards), Geeks.com
shouldn't be your first stop.  Otherwise, it's great.  (At least, in
my experience.)

Claude