[Tfug] FVWM menu question

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 29 23:56:42 MST 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 05:43:50AM +0000, Earl wrote:
> Here's a snip from my .fvwm2rc file.  It works.  I have static ip
> addresses for most of the machines on my network.  However a couple
> XP home machines can't cope with static ip addressing.  If I
> substitute the machine name for the ip address the menu command
> doesn't work.
>

> DestroyMenu MenuFvwmLogins
> AddToMenu MenuFvwmLogins "$[gt.Remote Machines]"   Title
> +    "&D. Darkstar"    Exec exec xvncviewer 192.168.0.11

I'm assuming that `xvncviewer <HOSTNAME>` does work?

Have you tried killing the additional exec command?  (I'm wondering if
xvncviewer might be behaving atypically.)

Where are your hostnames/ip addresses being written?  Are they
up-to-date? Are you sure that xvncviewer is reading them?

Does xvncviewer have a --verbose or --debug switch that you could use
to see what's going on?