[Tfug] DynDNS howto

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:40:07 MST 2007

Hi, I've noticed no one has suggested that qwest might filter port
80 (at least for incoming connections). Cox does it, or at least
used to do it, and I thought this was standard practice for a lot of
residential isp's.

I did  a quick google search for qwest block port and came up
with nothing concrete, like i did when I searched for 'cox block
port' (huh-huh, he said cox block).

incidently, I didn't know there was a way to connect to the
modem. Any one willing to, write me outside of this thread and
tell me how that might be done with a cox mode (huh-huh, he
said cox block) ~ Chris

On 8/26/07, Matt  Jacob <matt.jacob at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/26/07, Predrag Punosevac <punosevac72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My understanding now is that I have to enable port 80 on modem. Then
> > log into my wireless router and also point port 80
> > to my computer which is on the local address 192.168.0.4
>
> You shouldn't have to do anything on the modem. The modem should
> already be sending all traffic to the router. Just forward port 80 on
> the router, and you should be good to go.
>
> Matt

Q: What did the zen buddhist say to the hotdog vendor?

A: Make me one with everything ~ Dr. Jonathan Katz