[Tfug] Fwd: DynDNS howto

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:19:03 MST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Predrag Punosevac <punosevac72 at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 26, 2007 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Tfug] DynDNS howto
To: angussf at geoapps.com, Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Remote management and telnet are disabled on the modem (by default
thanks God). You are right that outside world can see my modem as
well!

So for all GOOD people who are trying to help me.
My set up is: The Motorola modem is connected to a phone jack.
Wireless router  is connected to modem with LAN wire. The server is on
the local address 192.168.0.4 of the wireless router.

My understanding now is that I have to enable port 80 on the modem. Then
log into my wireless router and also point port 80
to my computer which is on the local address 192.168.0.4

Do I have right idea? I think the thing that I was trying to do natd
(Network address translation applys in the case when the FreeBSD box
acts as a router directly connected to Modem and the HTTP server is
one of the Client machines connected to FreeBSD some how.