[Tfug] DynDNS howto

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Sun Aug 26 10:29:40 MST 2007

On 26 Aug 2007 at 0:36, Predrag Punosevac  wrote:

> However when I try to enter my web site from outside I am getting my DSL
> modem output.  I use Quest as IP provider.

You probably have an ActionTec GT-701 as a modem.  If so, Qwest has a PDF for
you (includes pictures of the config screens for your GT-701) :

"Enable  port forwarding  (PDF) for port 80 to the IP address of your Web
server."
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/gt701/pdf/13566_GT701_FwdPort80-
Web_031906msl.pdf

> However when I try to enter my web site from outside I am getting my DSL
> modem output.

This is a Bad Thing, since it means the rest of the world can also see your DSL
"modem" -- and probably reconfigure it ;-)  Make sure you disable "Remote
Management" on the modem as well.

HTH

Angus

--