[Tfug] Open Source solutions

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Fri Aug 24 12:37:22 MST 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 4:16 pm, Jim Secan wrote:

[a lot of bloody good points]

> Lots of other little niggling things, but these are the biggies.
I mentioned culture in passing -- but I would count that as a biggie
too.

The Tucson Symphony? Try googling "TSO discography". Then there's the
opera, but when a passable performance results in a standing ovation
with three encores, you know that people here don't get out much...

The Tucson Museum of Art's latest biennial exhibition was tough work
-- only a couple of pieces were better than undergrad standard. The
first piece you saw was "Abby playing a game", but the proportions
are all wrong (google it). One of the truly interesting pieces was
done in bloody Photoshop, for crying out loud. The gift shop had
better art -- Fabriqué en Chine.

Yeah, then there's the history, but judging by today's culture,
things haven't changed much since Wyatt Earp rolled into town. (And
didn't he leave pretty quickly?)

The hiking's okay, but once you've done one trail, you've done 'em all.

> But hey - it's a dry heat (pass me another margarita!).

Ha!

R.